Tag Archives: Gondwana IPA

Gondwana Pale Ale 1.2

Mash on! Ramping up for the National Homebrewers Association conference, my club is going to be serving our beers at club night! I’ve (perhaps foolishly) agreed to provide three kegs, using some of my more tried-and-true recipes. First out: Gondwana … Continue reading

Posted in pale ale, Uncategorized | Tagged , , ,

Beer Updates: El Dorado Amber Ale, California Vanilla Porter, Gondwana IPA

Over the past two weeks, there has been some action on various batches. This is all summarized below. El Dorado Amber Ale On April 7, one week after brewing, I transferred the El Dorado Amber Ale over to the secondary … Continue reading

Posted in amber ale, bottling, vanilla porter | Tagged , , , ,

Beer Updates: California Vanilla Porter, Gondwana IPA, Fake Tire 3.0

I haven’t done a brewing session in two weeks (life has been busy!), but I have been dabbling in a few other beer-related activities. These are outlined below. Fake Tire Amber AleThe Fake Tire 3.0 Amber Ale was bottled on … Continue reading

Posted in amber ale, bottling, vanilla porter | Tagged , , ,

Laurasia IPA Bottled, Gondwana IPA Update

After a week of dry-hopping with 2 oz. of Simcoe hops pellets, I bottled the Laurasia IPA (8 March 2014). The gravity was unchanged from last check, at 1.020, resulting in a final abv of 6.5%. I added 4 oz. … Continue reading

Posted in bottling | Tagged , ,

Gondwana IPA

After my first experimental all-grain batch, I decided to refine my technique further and attempt an IPA this time. The previous batch had issues with temperature control and poor mash efficiency. The former was resolved by insulating the cooler lid … Continue reading

Posted in all-grain, IPA | Tagged ,