I kegged this batch on 12 May 2018. It has been on tap for awhile now, and I’ve really been enjoying it. Better do a tasting before it’s all gone.
Cerveza de Jamaica
- The Basics
- 1.048 s.g., 1.011 f.g., 4.8% abv, 11 IBU, 3 SRM
- Pours with a tall and dense pink head, which persists wonderfully as the beer is consumed. The beer itself is a purplish pink color and slightly hazy. The beer has cleared up considerably since it first went on tap.
- Hibiscus, with a bit of tartness and spice behind that.
- Tart, with a slight hibiscus note next to a smooth and subtle maltiness.
- Fairly light-bodied and highly carbonated, with a medium dry finish.
- Would I brew this again?
- Yes! This is a wonderful beer, and perfectly refreshing for the current warm weather. In tasting opinions from other folks, it was suggested to up the hibiscus just a touch (to help it come through more distinctly in the taste) and also to add a bit more citrus character. To this end, I’m going to increase the amount of hibiscus in my next batch, and also up the citrus peel.