- The Basics
- O.g. = 1.051; f.g. = 1.011; 5.2% abv; 5 SRM; 24 estimated IBU
- Malty sweet aroma, with a very slight fruitiness behind that.
- Light gold and clear, with a low and persistent white head.
- The flavor on this one really highlights the malt, which has a rounded maltiness. The hop level is moderate, maybe a touch stronger than I care for, with a slightly earthy and woody finish.
- The beer has a moderately light body, moderate carbonation, and off-dry finish.
- Would I brew this again?
- Overall, this is a tasty and easy-drinking blonde ale. I think my moderate water adjustments helped a lot in this recipe versus some previous ones, in that the hop character avoids the flabbiness that I’ve had in some previous batches without adjustments. I could probably dial the overall hops back a tiny bit for my taste, but in general I’m pretty happy with this recipe!
Andy Farke on Lemondrop Wheat Ale Beer Tasting: Lemond… on Lemondrop Wheat Ale Beer Tasting: Palaeo… on Palaeotis Pils 1.1… Kegging Updates: Ras… on Raspberry Belgian 1.1 Kegging Updates: Ras… on Thumbspike Saison 2.1