- The Basics
- O.g. = 1.051; f.g. = 1.011; 5.2% abv; 5 SRM; 24 estimated IBU
- Malty sweet aroma, with a very slight fruitiness behind that.
- Light gold and clear, with a low and persistent white head.
- The flavor on this one really highlights the malt, which has a rounded maltiness. The hop level is moderate, maybe a touch stronger than I care for, with a slightly earthy and woody finish.
- The beer has a moderately light body, moderate carbonation, and off-dry finish.
- Would I brew this again?
- Overall, this is a tasty and easy-drinking blonde ale. I think my moderate water adjustments helped a lot in this recipe versus some previous ones, in that the hop character avoids the flabbiness that I’ve had in some previous batches without adjustments. I could probably dial the overall hops back a tiny bit for my taste, but in general I’m pretty happy with this recipe!
What’s Brewing… on London Porter What’s Brewing… on English IPA Happy Maurya on Pfriem Pilsner What’s Brewing… on Mahajanga IPA Pfriem Pilsner | And… on Equipment Review: Anvil Foundr…