My previous What’s Brewing post was cutting it close to the finish line for the end of the month, so I’m aiming to get this one done a bit more ahead of the curve. There has been a moderate amount of activity in the brewery since then, and also on the “other fermentables” front.
Beer Batch Updates
- I brewed a new batch of the orange wheat ale on 5 June 2021, but subbed in K-97 (German ale) dry yeast instead of American wheat ale liquid yeast. I think the characteristics of the two are similar enough that I’m feeling justified in the substitution.
- On 12 June 2021, I kegged my Schell’s pilsner clone. For the first time, I dry-hopped it as suggested by the recipe; I’m still uncertain how I feel about that overall.
What’s On Tap?
- I’m on the last glass or two of my Easy Days session ale; it is super close to being finished out! The Munich dunkel (currently lagering) will roll into this slot soon thereafter.
- My Clonal Common (steam beer / California common) has been on tap for a week or two, and it’s a nice mid-range amber(ish) beer.
- The 2021 edition of Pannotia White IPA is on tap, rounding out my current selection.
What’s Coming Up?
- A new edition of the “Mow the Damn Lawn” brew will get made either this weekend or next weekend, depending on my time and inclination.
- Last night I packaged the miso batch I mentioned in my previous What’s Brewing? post. It tastes pretty good, and I’m going to make a small batch of miso soup soon.
- My latest sauerkraut batch is now packaged, too. The fridge is pleasantly full of fermented food products now!
Miso paste in the jar