April brewing updates! At the last possible minute!
Beer Batch Updates
- My “Dance Party IPA” has been kegged, consumed, and kicked! It was a kveik-based tropical-type IPA.
- I brewed an experimental light ale on 16 April, called “Easy Days Ale.” It’s intended to be a relatively light, flavorful, drinkable brew.
- On 24 April, I brewed a California common lager, and it’s fermenting along as expected.
- I kegged the Belgian quad for my club’s barrel project. The beer tastes super good! I had enough left over to set up two bottles, which are now conditioning and will be popped open in a few weeks.
What’s On Tap?
- This year’s edition of the Alta California Lager is on tap, drinking really nicely.
- I now have a Pliny the Elder clone on tap, brewed as a 2.5 gallon batch.
- Twisted Schwarzbier has been a quaffable, enjoyable dark lager.
What’s Coming Up?
- I have a whole string of lagers planned…on May 1, I’ll be doing a Schell’s Pilsner Clone, and on the following week I hope to do another brew of Mow the Damn Lawn.
- I plan to rebrew Dunkel-Osteus (Munich Dunkel).